Hook, Line, & Sinker Cabins
The Hook, Line and Sinker cabins–the views are perfect with Kennedy’s Peak of the Massautten Mountains behind you and the Shenandoah River in front of you! They are of the same design and style of our other larger river rental cabins–Angler, Drifter and Paddler which are 11 more miles down the road.
- The Hook, Line and Sinker cabins are on 3.3 acres of river-front and are closer to Luray — 5 1/2 miles and just 4 1/2 miles from the Outfitters. These log cabins are nicely located if you plan to make trips to Luray, Shenandoah National Park and other sight-seeing trips out of the River area and just 90 miles from the Washington DC area. And then just 4 1/2 miles down the road to the Outfitters for all the canoe, kayak, raft and tube activities.
- There is much to do in the area from horseback riding, hiking, Luray Zoo, Luray Caverns, Shenandoah National Park, Civil War museums, antique shops, restaurants, movie theater, and much more. And for the Winter–Massanutten and Bryce Ski resorts are just an hour away. Make your plans soon.
- This set of cabins has a 5 person hot tub on the deck of each cabin!
Select the date you will arrive, the dates in between and the day you will depart. We have a two night min on weekends, and 3-nights on some holidays. Make sure the reservation request has the right dates and the correct number of nights. You might have to re-select the days to get the right number of nights.
Fill out the form and put in the comment section the number of people. Then send it in to us.
We will respond to your email request shortly as we check emails often during the day. If the request is within 1 week, it is best to call, 540-743-4159
Once accepted, we will email you the Paypal account where you pay for the reservation. We will then send you the confirmation with directions and lock box code for the key.
If you plan to book more than one cabin, you will need to fill out for each one.
ABOUT THE CABINS
These ‘rustic’ cabins–that are anything but ‘rustic’– have a queen size bed in the bedroom with the propane fireplace; a double bed in the loft and the futon is a double–so sleeps 6. The mini-kitchen has 2 stove top burners, sink, microwave, coffee pot and refrigerator (no oven). All the dishes and pots you will need are here. The cabins have heat and AC and Direct TV. Outside is a picnic table, a charcoal grill and fire pit for each cabin. Plus the hot tub on the deck!
We have a lock box on the door of each cabin. When paid in full, you get the code and can go directly to the cabin. The cabins are ‘pet friendly’ and ‘smoke-free’. No camping at cabins or at river is allowed. Max. of 6 in each cabin. Each additional person will be charged $100/person/night. Inside photos are below.
Please call in to book 540-743-4159 between 9 & 5 seven days a week, even in the winter!
Here is a video of the Hook cabin and the area.
A new COVID-19 wavier for our guests–for cabin guests, you will need to print, fill out for each guests and leave in the cabin when you leave. For our river & campground guests, they will need to do the same and bring to the Outfitters. link here.
New this year due to COVID-19:
- The cabin check in time is after 4 PM and check out by 10 AM which gives us more time for cleaning.
- All cabin guests need to bring their own towels, bed linens, bedspreads and pillows for their safety.
- Wear masks and social distance from other cabin guests in area
- Bring hand sanitizer, extra soap
- Let us know if you come in contact with anyone with the virus or develop symptoms once you return home for our staff’s safety.
- Online reservations are necessary for River trips. Numbers will be limited so reserve soon.
Here are our cleaning procedures following CDC standards as they apply to the cabins, the Outfitters Store and our campground.
In our effort for safety for our cleaning crew and our guests–when possible we leave a cabin closed for 24 hr after a guest checks out. The crew then goes in with Lysol spray and spray the cabin. They close it up for 1 to 2 hr before going back in to clean all surfaces with Clorox wipes, Clorox the floors, spray all furniture, beds and curtains and wipe the handles as we leave. The hot tubs are wiped down along with the stair handrails.
For now, be safe, healthy and wash your hands!
Come out to where you can still enjoy the mountains and the river. Bring your fishing pole!
The staff and owners