River Trip Rates
Beginner White Water or Flat Water
Day trips depart any time between 8 AM to 1 PM.
Tandem kayaks are priced as canoes.
Flat Water Trip -Midweek Special (Monday-Friday)
(#1 to #8)
11:00 Arrival Only. 3 hrs
Sampler Flat Water Trip-1 hour
(#8 to #11)
Arrival only at 12, 1 & 2 PM.
Departs 1/2 hr later.
Cooler Tube Rentals
$6/tube for your cooler
You need to arrive by 9:30, 10:30 or 11:30 AM. Trips can take from 3 to 5 hr depending on water levels. Remember shoes for river. Do make reservations, especially for weekends. We offer two sections of the Shenandoah for our tube trips. We decide the day of the trip which section is used based on water levels.
NEW Saturday Early Bird Special for Tubes–especially for families, Scouts, Church groups. Arrive by 9:30 and ON THE BUS by 10:00 and you get a $2 rebate at the end of the trip. NO Glass and NO Alcohol. Coolers will be checked. Sign up for regular tube rentals at $22/tube and Get on the 10:00 Bus for your $2/rebate–you must mention this when you sign in.
2 or 3 in Raft
4 in Raft
5 in Raft
6 in Raft
Raft trips can take 3 to 5 hours. Arrive between 9 AM and 1 PM. Do reserve as there are a limited number of rafts. We have 4-man and 6-man rafts. Rafts are great for families with small children as young as 3.
Lunch & Steak Dinners
Click here for more information. Cancelled for 2020.
Join us in 2021 for those hamburgers on a saw blade and delicious steaks!
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing –Shenandoah River Outfitters Inc and Shenandoah Canoe Company–(SRO & SCC)–are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. SRO & SCC only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
SRO & SCC will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. SRO & SCC will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to charge an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information–You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website: You can see what data we have about you, if any. Change/correct any data we have about you. Have us delete any data we have about you.Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Security–take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
- Everyone must sign liability release and view safety video prior to starting trip.
- Please read the Liability Waiver
- Print out, sign and bring with you.
- View Safety Video ahead of time here:
- Best to reserve in advance online or call.
- We do offer shuttle service for those with their own canoes and kayaks. Check the rate page for information.
- Canoes and Kayaks–$20 each
- Tubes–$22/person–payment in full
- Camping–$10/person/night-with $40/site/night min.–payment in full
- Balance of reservation fees to be paid in full 2 weeks ahead of event.
- Cancellation is one week in advance for refund.
- Any request for refunds will need to be called in to the Outfitters.
- Refunds are in full up to one week before the trip.
- No refunds in last week.
- We go rain or shine.
- Do read the Liability Waiver and view the Safety Video.
- Having Reservations, Pre-payment and Waivers signed ahead of time makes your sign-up time easier & quicker and you get to the river faster!
- You can use our online secure reservation form 24/7-Click here
- Directions to SRO, Camp OutBack & Cabins
- Check out our Luray Caverns & River Internet special too!
- And our Operation CleanWater and Virginia Green programs