THE WOOD DUCK, BLUE HERON, & OSPREY
Our smaller Shenandoah River Log Cabins.
Unplug! Chill Out! No WiFi!
Relax on the banks of the Shenandoah River or jump right in to swim, canoe or tube. The fishing is great–the best small mouth bass fishing in Virginia!
- Relish in the sounds of the wind in the forest or watch for the wildlife as you hike in the nearby National Forest! Deer, turkey, eagles and more! Retreat to the front porch to sit and watch the moon rise!
- Each cabin has two rooms with a double bed/bunk bed in each room and is set for up to 6 persons. The back room has the shower stall bathroom. The front room has the mini-kitchen area and table and chairs. Outside is a picnic table, charcoal grill and fire pit for each cabin. There is a bonfire area down by the river about 100 yards away.
- Here are reviews of our cabins
Select the date you will arrive, the dates in between and the day you will depart. We have a two night min on weekends, and 3-nights on some holidays. Make sure the reservation request has the right dates and the correct number of nights. You might have to re-select the days to get the right number of nights.
Fill out the form and put in the comment section the number of people. Then send it in to us.
We will respond to your email request shortly as we check emails often during the day. If the request is within 1 week, it is best to call, 540-743-4159
Once accepted, we will email you the Paypal account where you pay for the reservation. We will then send you the confirmation with directions and lock box code for the key.
If you plan to book more than one cabin, you will need to fill out for each one.
ABOUT THE CABINS
We have a lock box on the door of each cabin. When paid in full, you get the code and can go directly to the cabin. The cabins are ‘pet friendly’ and ‘smoke-free’. No camping at cabins or at river is allowed. Max. of 6 in each cabin. Each additional person will be charged $100/person/night.
These 3 cabins are 13 miles from Luray, Luray Caverns and 5 more miles to the entrance to the Shenandoah National Park. The cabins are 3 miles passed the Outfitters store. (GPS 108 Outfitter’s Circle, Luray VA 22835
A new COVID-19 wavier for our guests–for cabin guests, you will need to print, fill out for each guests and leave in the cabin when you leave. For our river & campground guests, they will need to do the same and bring to the Outfitters. link here.
New this year due to COVID-19:
- The cabin check in time is after 4 PM and check out by 10 AM which gives us more time for cleaning.
- All cabin guests need to bring their own towels, bed linens, bedspreads and pillows for their safety.
- Wear masks and social distance from other cabin guests in area
- Bring hand sanitizer, extra soap
- Let us know if you come in contact with anyone with the virus or develop symptoms once you return home for our staff’s safety.
- Online reservations are necessary for River trips. Numbers will be limited so reserve soon.
Here are our cleaning procedures following CDC standards as they apply to the cabins, the Outfitters Store and our campground.
In our effort for safety for our cleaning crew and our guests–when possible we leave a cabin closed for 24 hr after a guest checks out. The crew then goes in with Lysol spray and spray the cabin. They close it up for 1 to 2 hr before going back in to clean all surfaces with Clorox wipes, Clorox the floors, spray all furniture, beds and curtains and wipe the handles as we leave. The hot tubs are wiped down along with the stair handrails.
For now, be safe, healthy and wash your hands!
Come out to where you can still enjoy the mountains and the river. Bring your fishing pole!
The staff and owners