The Angler, Drifter and Paddler Cabins
The Angler, Drifter and Paddler Log Cabins are on 7 acres of Shenandoah River front acreage — for the country experience! Seventeen miles from Luray — where the Stars shine bright!
- Each of these cabins have a queen-bed bedroom with a ‘propane fireplace’, a mini-kitchen, shower stall bathroom; a living room with a double-bed futon; and a loft area with a double-bed. Each cabin is set up to sleep 6 max.
- The mini-kitchen has 2 stove top burners, sink, microwave, toaster, coffee pot and refrigerator (no oven). All the dishes and pots you will need are here. The cabins have heat/AC and Direct TV. No WiFi and limited cell service.
- There is a 5-person hot tubs on the decks of Drifter and Paddler cabins. The hot tub for the Angler cabin is in a private Gazebo. There is a picnic table, charcoal grill and fire pit for each cabin.
- The Shenandoah River is just behind the tree line down from the cabins. You can easily walk to the river or drive down the driveway on the other side of the meadow. At the river, there is a picnic area, fire pit and easy access to the river for canoeing, fishing and swimming.
Select the date you will arrive, the dates in between and the day you will depart. We have a two night min on weekends, and 3-nights on some holidays. Make sure the reservation request has the right dates and the correct number of nights. You might have to re-select the days to get the right number of nights.
Fill out the form and put in the comment section the number of people. Then send it in to us.
We will respond to your email request shortly as we check emails often during the day. If the request is within 1 week, it is best to call, 540-743-4159
Once accepted, we will email you the Paypal account where you pay for the reservation. We will then send you the confirmation with directions and lock box code for the key.
If you plan to book more than one cabin, you will need to fill out for each one.
ABOUT THE CABINS
These cabins are located about 17 miles from Luray VA and about 7 miles of gravel road pass the Shenandoah River Outfitters Store. The setting is one of woods, fields, mountain views and the banks of the Shenandoah River for great fly & bass fishing and just playing in the river. Just up the gravel road is access to George Washington National Forest for hiking, bird and animal watching. Here is a list of hikes in the area.
We have a lock box on the door of each cabin. When paid in full, you get the code and can go directly to the cabin. The Angler, Drifter and Paddler cabins are ‘pet friendly’ and ‘smoke-free’. No camping at cabins or at river is allowed. Max. of 6 in each cabin. Each additional person will be charged $100/person/night.
Comment from one of our guests this winter:
Weekend away in great little cabin–Between all the hard work we do, and the holidays, my boyfriend and I needed some time to disconnect from work and reconnect with each other. The paddler cabin was perfect for us. Cozy and comfy, we had all we needed to cook fun meals for each other, watch silly TV on Dish TV, gaze at a barely believable number of stars from the hot tub on the deck, and say hello to some lovely woodland creatures who walked by on their way to the river. I left thinking about when we can plan to come back!
A new COVID-19 wavier for our guests–for cabin guests, you will need to print, fill out for each guests and leave in the cabin when you leave. For our river & campground guests, they will need to do the same and bring to the Outfitters. link here.
New this year due to COVID-19:
- The cabin check in time is after 4 PM and check out by 10 AM which gives us more time for cleaning.
- All cabin guests need to bring their own towels, bed linens, bedspreads and pillows for their safety.
- Wear masks and social distance from other cabin guests in area
- Bring hand sanitizer, extra soap
- Let us know if you come in contact with anyone with the virus or develop symptoms once you return home for our staff’s safety.
- Online reservations are necessary for River trips. Numbers will be limited so reserve soon.
Here are our cleaning procedures following CDC standards as they apply to the cabins, the Outfitters Store and our campground.
In our effort for safety for our cleaning crew and our guests–when possible we leave a cabin closed for 24 hr after a guest checks out. The crew then goes in with Lysol spray and spray the cabin. They close it up for 1 to 2 hr before going back in to clean all surfaces with Clorox wipes, Clorox the floors, spray all furniture, beds and curtains and wipe the handles as we leave. The hot tubs are wiped down along with the stair handrails.
For now, be safe, healthy and wash your hands!
Come out to where you can still enjoy the mountains and the river. Bring your fishing pole!
The staff and owners